Home Improvement Loans
Do I qualify for a loan with Tower Loan?
For over 80 years, Tower Loan has built relationships with each and every customer seeking a loan to enhance their lives and turn dreams into reality. We not only guide your decisions with our expertise, we aim to educate you along the way.
Many wonder if they’re qualified for home improvement loans, especially if they’re looking for home improvement loans with bad credit.
While there are varying factors that determine the fate of a loan application, bad credit is the number one concern voiced by customers as they begin the application process. The truth is, we know that each credit history is unique. While your credit score is a factor to consider, we aim to work with you to structure your loan around a financing plan that suits you and your particular situation.
That said, it’s always a good idea to pay close attention to your credit score and the factors affecting it. Some key items to keep in mind are:
- Bill payment history
- Credit utilization rate
- Debt-to-income ratio
- Length of credit history
- Number of credit inquiries (hard inquiries)
- Different types of credit
At Tower Loan, our goal is to help our customers take control of their finances. Being aware of your credit and what’s affecting it is just one way we hope to help you find the best funding options available.
How do home improvement loans work?
From replacing expensive appliances or installing energy-efficient windows to updating a plumbing system or setting out to make major structural repairs, home improvement projects can be a significant investment.
Depending on the projects and the contractors you employ, your home improvement efforts may exceed the amount of cash you have to pay out-of-pocket.
That’s what makes home improvement loans so helpful: they provide the necessary financing to repair, maintain, or improve your home.
The decision to invest in renovating a home is typically not made lightly, but we know that ultimately the funding needed for home improvements is put to excellent use. Renovations often increase the value of a property, especially if your plan is to finish a basement or install updated appliances in your kitchen or bathroom. Repairs to flooring or roofing can also make your home safer, which is certainly worth the expense.
Simply put, we understand the value of your home improvements. That’s why we offer the best home improvement loans for your specific needs.
What makes a home improvement loan different from other options?
Homeowners have several avenues they can take when considering home improvement loans.
Here at Tower Loan, we offer a simple online loan application that can be filled out anywhere you have access to the internet, saving you the time and stress of scheduling appointments with your bank or other loan providers.
When it comes to personal loans for home improvement, we know the home renovations are your first priority. That’s why we make it our first priority to simplify the repayment process. All of our loans, including the loans for home improvement, have equal installment loan payments, eliminating the complication of revolving debt. We can also set up automatic withdrawals, so that you don’t have to keep track of your due dates and deadlines.
The bottom line? A Tower Loan home improvement loan is simple and straightforward, not to mention tailored to meet your needs. We want to make sure you have what you need for your home improvement, without the extra steps and complicated fees of other financing options.
What can I use this loan for?
No matter whether you’ve just purchased a fixer-upper or are preparing to put your home on the market, home repair loans offer the leverage you need to get things done.
Below is a list of valuable and beneficial home improvements to consider:
- Kitchen remodeling, especially with the addition of energy-efficient appliances
- Adding a bathroom, whether a half bath or a four piece
- Transforming and finishing existing spaces such basements, attics, or storage areas
- Energy-efficient insulation around doors, windows, lights, ducts, light switches, electrical sockets, etc.
- Adding energy-efficient windows and lighting
- Updating flooring: remove carpet to expose original wood flooring, adding laminate or engineered wood, or other alternatives
- Adding a deck or sunroom
- Complete minor updates: upgrade the paint, fix leaky faucets, update cabinet and/or door handles, add new window blinds
The key is making sure your investment is worthwhile. The best loans for home improvement help you meet your goals and benefits you and your family in the long run.
What kind of rates and interest do I need to know about?
Geographical location, credit scores, and overall credit history are just a few factors that can affect the overall outcome of your loan.
At Tower Loan, our home improvement loan interest rates are geared to make financing your project easy, which is why our interest rates tend to be lower than other loan providers, such as credit card loans.
That said, home improvement loan rates fluctuate due to the ebbs and flows of the market, and depend on your funding needs and personal situation. The loan rate is the percentage of the principal a lender charges to borrow money. Simply put, an interest rate is the cost of borrowing the principal loan amount. Our personal loan rates are fixed, and our repayment system uses equal installment payments, so that you’ll always know what to expect for your budgeting purposes.
Make your home feel new!
Whether you’re looking to make a major repair or just a small remodel, a Tower Loan home improvement loan can make your updates affordable. Apply online within just minutes, visit one of our branches, or give us a call to apply today.
Increase your home value by obtaining a personal loan for home improvement. No matter how small or large the home project, we make the financial decision fast and easy. No loan amount is too large. With monthly installments on our personal loans, the worry of increased payments never occurs. No need to worry about how you’re going to fix that unexpected room addition. Whether you want to visit us in person to apply, or apply online, Tower Loan makes this process easy.
Why choose Tower Loan?
Tower Loan has been helping our customers since 1936. Since all of our loans have equal installment payments, there’s no worry with getting lost in revolving debt. Tower Loan has over 230 locations to serve you locally. We take pride in servicing our customers with the best customer service around. We listen carefully to your needs to make sure we take the worry out of obtaining credit. You can count on Tower Loan to continue our customer services just as the date we first met. We specialize in taking care of all of your financial needs.
What to Expect With Tower Loan?
Our interest rates & APR vary from a variety of factors. Once approved, your loan specialist will go over this along with term options that fit your lifestyle the best. Here is what you can expect for the process:
1) Complete an application. This can be done online by clicking here or you can call or visit one of our local branches near you. We’ll request some of your personal, financial, and employment information to provide an immediate decision on your loan application.
2) Verify your information. If you completed your application online, you may be able to answer a few identity questions to do this. Otherwise, you’ll be visiting the closest office near you to have a loan specialist verify your identity, income, and collateral (if applicable) as well as discuss your loan options.
3) Sign and receive your funds. For the online loans, after choosing your term options, you can sign your documents electronically, then expect the funds to be deposited into the account you’ve provided. If in the office, you’ll review and sign your loan documents there, then will be provided a check with the proceeds from your loan. Then, you’ll be all set!