Summary of Position
Responsible for investigating credit, maintaining cash drawers, soliciting current and former customers and performing clerical activities. This is a non exempt, full time position reporting to the branch manager.
Essential Job Functions:
- Answer telephones and greet customers in a friendly and professional manner.
- Solicit all customers at the counter and pass out customer recommend cards.
- Receive and apply mail payments and counter payments to customer’s accounts.
- Open mail, investigate credit and process loan applications in a thorough and expedient manner.
- Maintain and secure cash drawer and accounting activities i.e. balancing and preparing deposits daily. Insure that the cash drawer consistently balances.
- Perform all clerical activities including filing and typing, and assembling folders with sales finance and loan contracts.
- Prepare and distribute all assigned branch reports in a timely manner.
- Effectively solicit current and former customers for additional business as assigned.
- Respond to credit inquiries and promptly inform the manager.
- Assist in maintaining the office in a neat and professional manner.
- Monitor the office inventory and requisition additional supplies as needed.
- Drop off and pick up mailbags at the post office.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Requires the use of a computer terminal.
- Ability to speak to and hear customers via the telephone and in person.
Education / Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent experience preferred.
Additional Requirements / Skills:
- Typing, basic computer knowledge and good communication skills.
The above description outlines the most significant job functions performed but may include other similar functions or assignments not specifically mentioned.